The stresses and strains of working in private practice in Australia can take its toll on even the strongest personality in your practice whether it be a clinician, admin staff or receptionist. From persistent, sometimes rude and impatient patients to strict AHPRA and other governing body regulations, the healthcare staff in your practice are constantly facing challenges both big and small, physical and emotional. At some point, it is more than likely that the pressures of their role in your clinic will get to them and they will wonder, “Is it worth it?” Burnout can get the best of anyone, but only if you let it.
Take my advice, and check out these six ways for your staff to avoid healthcare burnout in your clinic:
1. Talk it Out with your staff, try & pick on hints, clues of staff burnout.
2. Recharge at a Retreat that you take all your staff on.
3. Create a Stress-Free Zone, a place in the practice where staff can ‘chill’ out with no interruptions.
4. Let staff know it is OK to say ‘no’ at times.
5. Develop a Career Plan for your staff, keep them motivated.
6. Nurture Relationships with your staff and between staff.
7. More Resources for Stress Relief should be available for your staff.