When it comes to doing running a successful clinic, the deal is – no one wants to be sold to. You must give consistently to eventually get lots of patients, remember you are running a professional service business.
Here are 7 ways to attract patients to YOUR clinic:
- It’s all about service: You & your reception staff must first try to be helpful when building relationships with patient’s prospective new patients. It’s all about providing excellent clinical skills, engaging patients, being a good listener and making sure you are a trusted resource as well.
- Understand Your Clinic First: What do you do and how does it serve your patient? What is your (UVP), Unique Value Proposition? How do you serve your patients and solve their problems?
- Focus On a Specific Patient:Develop a detailed patient profile. Who is your patient? How does he/she live? Is he/she married with children or a single working professional? Is she a Baby Boomer or Millennial? Create a mental image of him/her, and make sure your marketing messages and content speak specifically to him/her. Remember – if you can treat everybody, no one will come & see you!
- Attract Your Niche Patient: Depending on who your patient is, some marketing methods will work better than others. Once you develop your patient profile, figure out how to reach them specifically. The more niche-focused your clinic is in the marketplace, the easier it is to reach your market. Start by developing a list of your top 4-6 keywords. These are the top search terms people use to find your services online.
- Determine Your Marketing Approach:Your marketing approach will be determined by your niche target patient. Try a few of these ideas to reach your target patient.
- Develop a Great Website
- Content marketing/Blogging
- Email marketing
- Pay per click ads
- Joint ventures
- Create a Referral Machine:Turn your happy patients into an unpaid sales force for your clinic. Incentivize your patients to refer. Find unique ways to reward and acknowledge your most loyal patients.
- Keep Your Patients:It’s cheaper to keep a patient than to go chase a ne[/su_list_fav]w one. Your best opportunity to generate more revenue is to ethically upsell an existing patient. The best way to upsell patients is to keep in touch with them. Here are a few ideas to incorporate into your clinic.
- Contact New Patients post the initial visit personally with a call
- Conduct survey’s & act on complaints
- Invite customers to leave a review on Google+
- Send an email newsletter at least monthly
- Send birthday cards
If you start using these methods of marketing and ‘sales’ in your clinic, you will see more repeat visits and that means your clinic will become sustainable. Remember anyone will buy something once or come to see you once as a new patient; you need to build a relationship to get them to buy it over and over again from you or come to see you over & over again.