Your clinic team
• Ensure proper staff training by providing information and education on the virus including how the virus spreads, how to prevent the virus and how to dispel myths, fears and misconceptions.
• Encourage all staff to follow the Australian Government Department of Health recommendations on good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene:
1. wash hands often with soap and water before and after eating as well as after attending the toilet;
2. avoid contact with others (including touching, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact); and
3. cough and sneeze into elbows, rather than hands.
• Ensure there is continual and ongoing communication with workers, provision of updates on the outbreak and conduct of training refreshers and drills as and when required.
• Make additional hand washing/sanitizing stations available to staff (and guests) throughout your workplace.
• Keep yourself and your staff up-to-date with details of the affected areas through the World Health Organisation’s Disease Outbreak News.
• Conduct risk assessments of your premises, considering factors specific to your patients.
• Investigate the origin of your routine stock and inventory orders.
• Identify alternate suppliers for any medical supplies that originate in China, in case of disruption to normal delivery schedule.
• Investigate the cover that your existing insurance policies provide to see if your business may have a claim for any coronavirus-related disruptions.